This will be South Korea tenth consecutive appearance in the World Cup 2022. At the 2018 World Cup, the Asian powerhouses pulled off a major upset by defeating the defending champions Germany 2-0.
Since qualifying for the first World Cup in 1954, South Korea had participated in every tournament since their best-ever performance was in 2002 when they advanced to the semifinals.
2018 saw them eliminated early in the group rounds of the competition.
They’ll be one of the underdogs at the World Cup in Qatar. The team has already pulled off a number of surprises. They might be a strong opponent if Son is healthy.
Now let’s head towards South Korea 26 man Squad list:
South Korea World Cup 2022 Squad, Captain, and Coach
- Goalkeepers: Kim Seung-gyu, Jo Hyeon-Woo, Song Bum – Keun
- Defenders:. Kim Min-Jae, Kim Young-Gwon, Kwon Kyung-Won, Cho Yu-Min, Kim Moon-Hwan, Yoon Jong-Gyu, Kim Tae-Hwan, Kim Jin-Su, hong Chul
- Midfielders: Jung Woo-Yvg, Son Jun-Ho, Paik Seung-ho, Hwang In-beom, Lee Jae-sung, Kwon Chang-Hoon, jeong Woo-yeong, Lee Kang-In, Son Heung-Min, Hwang Hee-chan, Na Sang-Ho, Song Min-Kyu
- Forwards: Hwang Ui-Jo, Cho Gue-Sung.
- Captain: Son Heung-Min
- Coach: Paulo Bento
South Korea World Cup 2022 Star Players
1. Son Heung-Min
Son participated in two World Cups for South Korea in 2014 and 2018. He earned the Asian Games gold medal in 2018 after contributing two assists to the Reds’ 2-1 extra-time victory over Japan. The victory meant that they released the South Korean players from their conscription.
Son Heung-min did participate in the Brazil 2014 World Cup. He scored in the 2-4 loss they eliminated to Algeria as South Korea in the group round.
They selected son for the South Korean World Cup roster on Saturday, although it is unclear whether he will participate given his critical face injury.
2. Hwang Hee-Chan
This is fantastic news for Hwang Hee-chan, who will undoubtedly consider participating in the World Cup for the second time after already being selected for the 2018 finals in Russia as the apex of his career so far.
He may benefit from some time away from Wolves in order to regain his form and, ideally, shine for South Korea on the international stage before returning to England with boosted confidence this month.
Don’t forget that Garth Crooks previously referred to him as “devastating” for Wolves, so the 26-year-faltering old’s in 2022/23 could just be a passing phase.
With 49 caps under his belt, Hwang will be eager to establish himself for his nation and could play a significant role in their offensive strategy.
South Korea Possible Lineup
- Goalkeepers: Kim Seung-gyu
- Defenders: Kim Young-Gwon, Kim Min-Jae, Kim Young-Gwon, Kim Jin-Su
- Midfielders: Hwang In-beom, Lee Jae-sung, Lee Kang-In
- Forward: Son Heung-min, Hwang Hee-chan
Thank you for reading it. Leave us a comment if you liked it.
Have a good day ahead