It will be difficult for Poland to advance past the group stage at the 2022 World Cup. For the first time since 1986, Poland will be hoping to advance to the round of 16 under Czeslaw Michniewicz.
Following his transfer from Bayern Munich to Barcelona, Robert Lewandowski has assimilated into life there with ease, and Juventus’ Arkadiusz Milik and Wojciech Szczesny have a track record of excellence.
Their first game’s victory also presents a challenge. The only time the Eagles accomplished this at a World Cup was in 1974. They have since lost three and drawn three of their first games, and they will play Mexico, a team with experience at the World Cup, in their opening match of the upcoming competition.
The Polish assault is still effective, though. Following summer transfers, Krzysztof Pitek and Arek Milik are healthy and on fire in Serie A, Karol Widerski has quickly emerged as a star in the MLS, and Robert Lewandowski is still Robert Lewandowski with nine qualifying goals.
The results of their opening match against the Mexicans, which they played in Group C alongside Argentina, Mexico, and Saudi Arabia, will be crucial.
Mexico Squad, Captain, and Coach
- Goalkeepers: Wojciech Szczesny, Lukasz Skorupski, Kamil Grabara
- Defenders: Robert Gummy, Jakub Kiwior, Jan Bednarek, Mateusz Wieteska, Kamil Glik, Bartosz Bereszynski, Artur Jedrejczyk
- Midfielders: Grzegorz Krychowiak, Kamil Grosicki, Szymon Zurkowski, Michal Skoras, Jakub Kaminski, Sebastian Szymanski, Piotr ZIelinski, Przemystaw Frankowski, Krystian Bielik, Damian Szymanski
- Forwards: Arkadiusz Milik, Robert Lewandowski, karol Swiderski, Krzysztof Piatek
- Captain: Robert Lewandowski
- Coach: Czeslaw Michniewicz
Poland Star Players
1. Robert Lewandowski
For the first time since 1986, Wojciech Szczesny believes Robert Lewandowski will win his first World Cup in Qatar. Despite Lewandowski’s 76 goals in 134 games, Poland lost in the group stage four years ago in Russia, and we held the Barcelona star without a goal. The 34-year-old has scored 25 goals in the last two World Cup qualifying campaigns, but he hasn’t yet scored in a championship match.
Robert Lewandowski, the all-time leading scorer for Poland, still hasn’t added a World Cup goal to his resume, but that could change when Poland plays Mexico on Tuesday in their opening Group C matchup.
With his age, Lewandowski’s final opportunity to score in soccer’s biggest competition may be the World Cup in Qatar.
2. Piotr Zielinski
Zielinski has been one of many players performing at their peak for the Italian team Napoli this season while playing on a rumbling Napoli squad. The 28-year-old has the ability to be the creative presence Lewandowski needs to break down defenses in the middle of the field. One of the top marks among midfielders worldwide over the past year is his 4.76 shot-creating actions per 90 minutes.
Poland World Cup 2022 Possible Lineup
- Goalkeepers: Wojciech Szczesny
- Defenders: Kamil Glik, Jakub Kiwior, Jan Bednarek
- Midfielders: Grzegorz Krychowiak, Przemystaw Frankowski, Michal Skoras
- Forward: Sebastian Szymanski, Piotr Zielinski, Robert Lewandowski
Thank you for reading it. Leave us a comment if you liked it.
Have a good day ahead