After manager Kasper Hjulmand named the final five players of his 26-man team traveling to Qatar in November. Now the Denmark World Cup 2022 roster is complete.
The squad appears strong, led by the impressive Kasper Hjulmand, and confidence is high following last year’s European Championship semifinal and a successful qualifying campaign. As Argentina and Lionel Messi will probably wait for the runners-up, Denmark will hope to challenge France for first place by moving on before Tunisia and Australia.
However, they won’t have any fears. Prior to losing their last match in Scotland, the Danish Dynamite went 9-for-9 in their qualification for the Qatar World Cup 2022, going without giving up a goal in their first 8 games. With 27 points, they tied Germany for first place in Europe. It showed the caliber of this team, as did their home and away Nations League victories over Group C rivals France at full strength. It is very confident.
Along with the reigning champions France, Australia, and Tunisia, they placed them in Group D.
Denmark Squad, Captain, and Coach
- Goalkeepers: Kasper Schmeichel, Oliver Christensen, Frederick Ronnow
- Defenders: Joachim Andersen, Victor Nelsson, Simon Kjaer, Joakim Maehle, Andreas Christensen, Rasmus Kristensen, Jenes Laresen, Daniel Wass, Alexander Bah
- Midfielders: Jesper Lindstrom, Mathias Jensen, Thomas Delaney, Christian Eriksen, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Christian Norgaard
- Forwards: Martin Braithwaite, Andreas Skov Olsen, Kasper Dolberg, Mikkel Damsgaard, Andreas Cornelius, Jonas Wind, Jesper Lindstrom, Yussuf Yurary Poulssen
- Captain: Simon Kjaer
- Coach: Kasper Hjulmand
Denmark Star Players
1. Christian Eriksen
The international from Denmark became well known while playing for Ajax, where he won the Eredivisie three times, as well as the Dutch Cup and Dutch Super Cup. Eriksen moved to Tottenham Hotspur after impressing in Holland, where he quickly rose to become one of the best midfielders in the world.
Eriksen prefers to play in a free role as an attacking midfielder in the middle of the pitch, behind the forwards, and is referred to as a “classic number ten” by the mainstream press. He can, however, also play as a central midfielder because of his tactical versatility.
2. Jesper Lindstrom
Jesper Lindstrom of Denmark, a representative for the Bundesliga, has the potential to steal the show. Since his arrival at Eintracht Frankfurt in 2021, Lindstrom, a Superliga and Europa League champion from Denmark, has been a cornerstone.
His trademark maneuver appears to be shooting himself when there is an opposition in the way to create opportunities and force a deflection or the goalkeeper to parry rather than catch the ball. In the Bundesliga this season, he leads all attacking midfielders and wingers in goal-creating actions per game via shots or dribbles.
Denmark World Cup 2022 Possible Lineup
- Goalkeepers: Kasper Schmeichel
- Defenders: Andreas Christensen, Rasmus Kristensen, Joachim Andersen, Joakim Maehle.
- Midfielders: Thomas Delaney, Christian Eriksen, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg
- Forward: Martin Braithwaite, Andreas Skov Olsen, Mikkel Damsgaard
Thank you for reading it. Leave us a comment if you liked it.
Have a good day ahead