Wednesday, June 7, 2023
HomeLatest Sports NewsArizona Coyotes' minority owner Andrew Barroway arrested at Aspen

Arizona Coyotes’ minority owner Andrew Barroway arrested at Aspen

Prominent Hedge-Fund manager and Minority owner of the Arizona Coyotes, Andrew Barroway was arrested at Limelight hotel in Aspen. The Aspen police took him in custody on Thursday, March 23, and charged him with third-degree assault and second-degree assault strangulation, both felonies.

Arizona Coyotes have suspended Barroway amid the arrest. “The National Hockey League is aware of the arrest of Arizona Coyotes’ minority owner Andrew Barroway. Pending further information, he has been suspended indefinitely.” – NHL announced through socials.

The couple, Barroway and his wife Sarah Chambers was staying at the Limelight Hotel. Barroway said that it was her birthday and they were filing for a divorce, attempting to be together. The couple was screaming and fighting, to which Barroway said they were fighting over child support and his will. The 57-year-old also added that his wife has checked in at rehab twice.

Also Read: Who Is Dylan Strome Wife? Know All About Tayler McMahon

Barroway’s wife reportedly suffered many wounds the previous evening, including bruises on her knees, ankles, and one of her thighs, dried blood spots on her neck, and a cut on one of her thumbs, according to the police.

Barroway appeared virtually before Chief Judge John Neiley of the 9th Judicial District on Friday. He posted a $2,500 personal recognizance bond. Also, Barroway cannot speak to his wife directly according to Neiley’s mandatory protective order. Moreover, He is supposed to have a third party present when they exchange their children.

The Scotsdale-born cannot consume alcohol or any other drugs. However, he can travel in the meantime. Barroway’s attorney informed the judge that the couple lives apart in separate residences in Arizona. He must return to court on April 3 and can attend the hearing online.

Andrew Barroway bought a majority stake in Arizona Coyotes in 2014 and remained the owner till 2019. He also attempted to buy New York Islanders and New Jersey Devils. In 2019, Alex Meruelo bought 95% of the stake from Barroway, leaving the hedge-fund manager at 5%.

Barroway is the Managing Partner of Merion Investment. In addition to the Coyote, he owns another sports club, the Athens-based football team Kallithea FC. He has three children, two with his ex-wife Elyse Sitner and one with Sarah Chambers.

Also Read: Why is the logo of Seattle Kraken one of the best in the NHL?

Thank you for reading it. Leave us a comment if you liked it.

Do follow us on: Google News | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube | LinkedIn

Have a good day ahead 🙂

Mohammed Bazim
Mohammed Bazim
With a dream to be in the paddock living the life, Mohammed Bazim is a 19-year-old collegiate who spends his day watching old games, trying to learn more about his passion, Formula One. Hailing from Kerala, he considers himself to be a trivia aficionado. His lover passion for trivia does not end at Formula 1, it just begins there. Bazim loves to write about anything and everything related to Business, Sports, Fashion, and International Relations.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Read More