After a long wait and weeks of non-stop action, the US Open men’s final is going to take place. The match is between Daniil Medvedev, who currently ranks 3rd, and Novak Djokovic, who is the new world No. 1 player. So let’s take a look at, Daniil Medvedev vs Novak Djokovic prediction along with other stats and records.
Novak Djokovic vs Daniil Medvedev is one of the most historic rivalries in tennis. They are both top-seed players and often meet on the big stage. Most of their encounters are in the finals or semi-finals of the tour events.
This time they meet again in the US Open 2023 Finals, and they were also the 2021 US Open finalists. Medvedev’s journey at the Grand Slam event has been amazing. He defeated Carlos Alcaraz, Andrey Rublev, Alex de Minaur, Sebastian Baez, Christopher O’Connell, and Attila. Whereas, Djokovic defeated Ben Shelton, Taylor Fritz, Borna Gojo, Laslo Djere, Bernabe Miralles, and Alexandre Muller.
Well, only one of them will win the US Open again. Will it be Novak Djokovic who wins the US Open title and his 24th Grand Slam title, or will Daniil Medvedev recreate the 2021 US Open final?
In case you missed: US Open 2023 Prize Money and Breakdown
- Match: Daniil Medvedev vs Novak Djokovic
- Tournament Tier: Grand Slam
- Round: Final
- Time: 4:00 p.m. (local time)
- Venue: New York, United States
When it comes to their head-to-head record, Novak Djokovic leads with a 7-5 score against Daniil Medvedev. Both players have met each other on 12 occasions, and Djokovic leads the battle. This year, they have met twice, and each of them has tasted victory.
Both players have met 12 times in their careers since turning professional. Here are the stats:
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Novak Djokovic in the ATP Dubai 2023 Semifinal: 6-4, 6-4.
- Novak Djokovic defeated Daniil Medvedev in the ATP Adelaide 2023 Semifinal: 6-3, 6-4.
- Novak Djokovic defeated Daniil Medvedev in the ATP World Tour Finals 2022: 6-3, 6-7, 7-6.
- Novak Djokovic defeated Daniil Medvedev in the ATP Astana 2022 Semi-final: 4-6, 7-6.
- Novak Djokovic defeated Daniil Medvedev in the ATP Paris 2021 Final: 4-6, 6-3, 6-3.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Novak Djokovic in the US Open 2021 Final: 6-4, 6-4, 6-4.
- Novak Djokovic defeated Daniil Medvedev in the Australian Open 2021 Final: 7-5, 6-2, 6-2.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Novak Djokovic in the ATP World Tour Finals 2020: 6-3, 6-3.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Novak Djokovic in the Cincinnati Open 2019 semi-final: 3-6, 6-3, 6-3.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Novak Djokovic in the Monte Carlo Open 2019 quarterfinals: 6-3, 4-6, 6-2.
- Novak Djokovic defeated Daniil Medvedev in the Australian Open 2019 round of 16: 6-4, 6-7, 6-2, 6-3.
- Novak Djokovic defeated Daniil Medvedev in the Eastbourne Open 2017 Semifinals: 6-4, 6-4.
Daniil Medvedev vs Novak Djokovic Prediction: Who will win?
We predict Daniil Medvedev will defeat Novak Djokovic to win his second US Open title. Both players are in great form and have an amazing record when it comes to going head-to-head. Djokovic is the current world no. 1 player, but we think Medvedev will win against him this time.