After a long wait and weeks of non-stop action, the Vienna Open final is going to take place. The match is between Daniil Medvedev, who is the No. 1 seed in the tournament, and Jannik Sinner, who is the No. 2 seed in the tournament. It is a top-seed battle, so let’s take a look at the Daniil Medvedev vs Jannik Sinner prediction along with other stats and records.
Daniil Medvedev vs Jannik Sinner is one of the most historic rivalries in tennis. They are both top-seed players and often meet on the big stage. Most of their encounters are in the finals or semi-finals of the tour events.
This time they are going to meet again in the Vienna Open 2023 Finals, and they were also the 2022 Vienna Open quarter-finalists. Medvedev’s journey on the tour has been amazing. He defeated Arthur Fills, Grigor Dimitrov, Karen Khachov, and Stefanos Tsitsipas. Whereas, Sinner defeated Ben Shelton, Lorenzo Sonego, Frances Tiafoe, and Andrey Rublev.
Medvedev is the defending champion of the Vienna Open, and Sinner defeated the former Vienna Open winner. Will Medvedev defend his title against Sinner, or will Sinner be crowned the new champion?
- Match: Daniil Medvedev vs Jannik Sinner
- Tournament Tier: ATP 500
- Round: Final
- Time: 2:00 p.m. (local time)
- Venue: Vienna, Austria
When it comes to their head-to-head record, Daniil Medvedev leads with a 6-1 score against Jannik Sinner. Both players have met each other on seven occasions, and this is going to be their fourth encounter of the year.
Both players have met seven times in their careers since turning professional. Here are the stats:
- Jannik Sinner defeated Daniil Medvedev in the 2023 ATP Beijing final: 7-6, 7-6.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Jannik Sinner in the 2023 ATP Miami final: 7-5, 6-3.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Jannik Sinner in the 2023 ATP Rotterdam final: 5-7, 6-2, 6-2.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Jannik Sinner in the 2022 ATP Vienna Quarterfinal: 6-4, 6-2.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Jannik Sinner in the 2021 ATP World Tour finals: 6-0, 6-7, 7-6.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Jannik Sinner in the 2021 ATP Marseille Quarterfinal: 6-2, 6-4.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Jannik Sinner in the 2020 ATP Marseille Round of 16: 1-6, 6-1, 6-2.
Daniil Medvedev vs Jannik Sinner Prediction: Who will win?
We predict Daniil Medvedev will defeat Jannik Sinner to win his second Vienna Open title. Both players are in great form and have an amazing record when it comes to going head-to-head. But we think Medvedev will successfully defend his title.