Daniil Medvedev and Andrey Rublev will play each other in the quarterfinals at the US Open 2023. Both are top-seed players who often meet on the big stage and are meeting again at the US Open. In this article, we will provide you with Daniil Medvedev vs Andrey Rublev prediction, head-to-head, stats, previews, and picks for the US Open 2023.
Grand Slam tournaments and Daniil Medvedev not making it to the quarterfinals are hot topics, and whenever he makes it to the quarterfinals, he often plays in the semi-finals. Likely, the 2021 US Open Champion is all set to bring the trophy home after failing to defend it last year.
This year, the player has been winning matches at the US Open like a cakewalk. He hasn’t played any matches to the fifth round and has finished 2 out of the 4 matches in straight sets. So far, he has defeated Alex de Minaur, Sebastian Baez, Christopher O’Connell, and Attilas Balazs. Now he will be facing his countrymate, Rublev, to make his way into the semifinals of the grand slam tournament.
Andrey Rublev, too, has found it easy to make his way to the quarterfinals of the US Open. He defeated players like Jack Draper, Arthur Rinderknech, Gael Monfils, and Arthur Cazaux. Apart from that, the player has won all the matches in a playtime of around 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Match: Daniil Medvedev vs Andrey Rublev
- Tournament Tier: Grand Slam
- Round: Quarterfinal
- Venue: New York, United States
Both players will face each other eight times, and this is going to be their ninth encounter. Medvedev has always had the upper hand against Rublev, and he leads the head-to-head record by 6-2.
One of the interesting facts about their matches is that they have met twice in the finals, once in the semi-finals, once in a round of 16 matches, and four times in the quarterfinals. Out of which two have been at a grand slam event and one at the ATP World Tour Finals.
Both players have faced each other on eight occasions, and here are the results:
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Andrey Rublev at the ATP Dubai Finals 2023: 6-2, 6-2.
- Andrey Rublev defeated Daniil Medvedev at the ATP World Tour Finals 2022: 6-7, 6-3, 7-6.
- Andrey Rublev defeated Daniil Medvedev at the ATP Cincinnati Semifinal 2021: 2-6, 6-3, 6-3.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Andrey Rublev at the Australian Open Quarterfinal 2021: 7-5, 6-3, 6-2.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Andrey Rublev at the US Open Quarterfinal 2020: 7-6, 6-3, 7-6.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Andrey Rublev at the ATP St.Petersburg Quarterfinals 2019: 6-4, 7-5.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Andrey Rublev at the ATP Cincinnati Quarterfinals 2019: 6-2, 6-2.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Andrey Rublev at the ATP Challenger Budapest 2016: 6-3, 6-2.
Daniil Medvedev vs Andrey Rublev Prediction: Who will win?
It is a top-seed battle, and it is a difficult choice to select one among them. Daniil Medvedev currently ranks 3rd as per the ATP Singles rankings. whereas Andrey Rublev ranks 8th as per the ATP Singles rankings. Moreover, both players are at their highest level of form and play well on hard courts.
We predict the match will go to the fifth round, and Daniil Medvedev will win the match. He has always had the upper hand against Rublev and will be confident. Read More: Frances Tiafoe vs Ben Shelton Prediction, Head-to-Head, Stats, Previews, and Pick of the US Open 2023