The best rivalry of the 2023 season, Jannik Sinner vs Daniil Medvedev is all set to happen in the 2023 ATP Finals. It is a new-age rivalry among the World No. 3 and No. 4-ranked players in the ATP rankings. So, let’s take a look at the Jannik Sinner vs Daniil Medvedev prediction for the ATP Finals semi-final match.
Jannik Sinner was a member of the Green Group and is the only player in the ATP Finals to remain undefeated. He defeated Stefanos Tsitsipas, Novak Djokovic, and Holger Rune to seal his place in the semifinals.
On the other hand, Daniil Medvedev was a part of the red group and defeated Andrey Rublev and Alexander Zverev to find his place in the semi-finals. He was the first person to qualify in the semis and will be aiming to win the 2023 ATP championship.
In the 2023 season, both players have faced each other on four occasions, and both players have gotten blood equally on their swords. This is going to be their last encounter of the year, and possibly it is going to be one of the best matches of the season. So let’s not wait any longer and know about their records and predictions.
- Match: Jannik Sinner vs Daniil Medvedev
- Tournament Tier: ATP Championship
- Round: Semi-finals
- Time: 12:00 p.m. (local time)
- Venue: Turin
In case you missed: “Rafael Nadal is a very special player for me!” says Novak Djokovic
Both players have faced each other on eight occasions, and Medvedev comfortably leads the battle. As of now, the head-to-head battle between Medvedev and Sinner stands at 6-2.
This is going to be their fifth contest of the season, and all their meetings have been in the finals. Medvedev defeated Sinner at the 2023 ATP Rotterdam finals and the 2023 ATP Miami finals. Similarly, Sinner defeated Medvedev at the 2023 ATP Beijing finals and the 2023 ATP Vienna finals.
They have met on eight different occasions, and here are the stats.
- Jannik Sinner defeated Daniil Medvedev in the 2023 ATP Vienna Final: 7-6, 4-6, 6-3.
- Jannik Sinner defeated Daniil Medvedev in the 2023 ATP Beijing Final: 7-6, 7-6.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Jannik Sinner in the 2023 ATP Miami Final: 7-5, 6-3.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Jannik Sinner in the 2023 ATP Rotterdam Final: 5-7, 6-2, 6-2.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Jannik Sinner in the 2022 ATP Vienna Quarterfinal: 6-4, 6-2.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Jannik Sinner in the 2021 ATP World Tour Final: 6-0, 6-7, 7-6.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Jannik Sinner in the 2021 ATP Marseille Quarterfinal: 6-2, 6-4.
- Daniil Medvedev defeated Jannik Sinner in the 2020 ATP Marseille round of 16: 1-6, 6-1, 6-2.
Jannik Sinner vs Daniil Medvedev Prediction: Who will win?
We predict Jannik Sinner will defeat Daniil Medvedev and advance to the finals of the ATP Finals. Both are top-quality players, but we think Sinner has the upper hand against Medvedev. He is in great form and is pretty confident about facing Medvedev in the semifinal. We predict the match will go to the third round, and Sinner will defeat Medvedev.