The Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) is a franchise cricket team representing the city of Kolkata in the Indian Premier League (IPL). The Knight Riders play at the iconic Eden Gardens stadium. The official theme of the team is “Korbo, Lorbo, Jeetbo Re”, which means “We will perform, fight, and win! Their official colours are purple and gold. As of 2023, the team has a brand value of $1.1 billion and an annual revenue of $41.2 million. Read on to find out about the present owners of KKR.
Who are the Present Owners of Kolkata Knight Riders in 2023?
As the 2023 IPL season has just begun, there is high hope for the KKR team. The team were unable to secure the championship in the 2022 season and ended up in 7th position at the end of the season.
The Kolkata Knight Riders are owned by the actor Shah Rukh Khan of Red Chillies Entertainment and Juhi Chawla and Jay Mehta of the Mehta Group. Red Chillies Entertainment holds a 55% stake in the franchise, whereas the Mehta Group owns the remaining 45%.
As Shahrukh Khan is one of the owners of Red Chillies Entertainment and of KKR, he has also often attended the matches of the Kolkata Knight Riders at the Eden Gardens. His children Aryan, Suhana and Abram have also been spotted attending the matches.
The Mehta Group of Companies is a conglomerate based in Maharashtra, with its headquarters in Gujarat. Jay Mehta owns the Mehta Group. He is married to Bollywood actress Juhi Chawla, and both have often been spotted in stands. Jay’s daughter Jhanvi Mehta also attended the IPL auction last year.
Also Read: Ravi Shastri Wants Virat Kohli to “Pull out of the IPL.”
Thank you for reading! Please leave a comment below if you liked it!
Do follow us on: Google News | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube | LinkedIn
Have a good day ahead 🙂