Tennis legend Chris Evert thinks that not allowing Novak Djokovic to compete in Indian Wells and Miami Masters can only make the Serb more hungry to emerge victorious when he will walk onto the court.
The United States banned him from entering the country due to his being an unvaccinated foreigner. Although he applied for a special grant to enter the US for the Indian Wells Masters in February this year, he was denied the same on Sunday.
Reacting to the same, Chris Evert said that this event will only make him more hungry. “Yeh, I think the more somebody tells Novak he can’t do this, the more determined he is,” Evert told Eurosport.
“When he has control of the situation, it gives him more fuel and it makes him more determined to succeed, and stick it in everybody’s face at the same time, make his point. He is like the anti-hero sometimes, he seems to really rise to the occasion when he is challenged and when he’s told ‘no’,” she added. Also Read: “Don’t Think Novak Is Thinking About The Golden Slam,” Boris Becker Thinks Novak Djokovic Eying His 23rd Grand Slam
Even last year, he missed the US Open as well as the three Masters events in the US due to the same reason. He was even deported for breach of Australia’s border rule and couldn’t participate in the Australian Open. But as it’s already known, this year, when the Australian government lifted the strict rules, Djokovic was able to compete in the tournament, and clinched his 22nd Grand Slam title.
Though the 35-year-old was denied entering the US for the year’s first masters event, he is still on the Miami list but his chances to enter the States looks improbable. The 22-time Grand Slam winner said that if he is denied participation, he will start preparing for the clay season and Monte Carlo Masters. Also Read: “That Could Be A Dangerous Move,” Renowned Journalist Over Tight Schedule Of Carlos Alcaraz
Coach of Novak Djokovic sheds light on the Serb’s injury
Djokovic picked a hamstring injury during the Adelaide Open 2023 but played through the injury in the 2023 Australian Open as well. Due to this, many accused the 35-year-old of faking the injury. But Djokovic’s coach Goran Ivanisevic said that everything related to his injury has been documented and that Djokovic is planning to make those details public.
“Everything is documented-MRI scans, doctor’s and radiologist’s opinions, etc,” Ivanisevic told Tennis Majors. “He doesn’t want to do it now, but Novak said that he will come out with those publicly at some point. Some people deal with pain better, some worse.” Also Read: “You’ll Be Back Only Stronger!”- Twitter Reacts As Barbora Krejcikova Downs Iga Swiatek To Win Dubai Tennis Championships
Thank you for reading it. Leave us a comment if you liked it.
Do follow us on: Google News | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube | LinkedIn
Have a good day ahead 🙂