Novak Djokovic hasn’t taken shots against COVID-19 and so did not get the entry pass to enter the US because of the country’s prevalent vaccine mandate, which is a bit silly, says Casper Ruud. Ruud stated that he wouldn’t feel threatened in Djokovic’s presence at Indian Wells.
The Indian Wells has ended but the World is. 2 Djokovic ended up withdrawing from the tournament due to US’s strict rule against unvaccinated foreign people. He had also requested the US government a special entry pass for the upcoming Miami Open but his request was denied. Also Read: “Djokovic Has A Lot Of Haters Even Nadal And Federer Somehow Have Them,” Daniil Medvedev On How Top Players Receive Hate On Social Media
“Yeah, I mean, it’s not up to me to say whether it’s fair or not. I think the rule is silly if he’s not a threat to the community at all at this stage whether or not he’s vaccinated, so that’s something that I can say,” Ruus said in an interview with Eurosport on the latest episode of ‘Ruud Talk’.
But the World No.4 understands that as rules are rules, Djokovic and his team have tried everything possible to make their way to enter the US.
“It’s a bit childish because the rule changes in a couple of weeks so they couldn’t as well change it already. But rules are rules and I’m sure they have tried everything that they can. With the context that Novak has, I’m sure that everything has been tried, and it hasn’t been possible,” he added. Also Read: Iga Swiatek Vs Sorana Cirstea Match Prediction, Head-To-Head, Preview, And Live Stream- Indian Wells 2023
Novak Djokovic can play in US Open 2023
As the US government will open the strict ban on May 11, the Norwegian tennis star feels they would have lifted the ban earlier to let Djokovic play in Miami.
“In general, the country has sort of banned unvaccinated until in around a month, I think they will open the ban or something so it is a bit silly if you ask me but it’s fair or not, I don’t know. Like I said, I wouldn’t have felt threatened by Novak if he was here and he was unvaccinated,” Ruud added.
Miami Open starts on Wednesday (March 22) and as Djokovic won’t be a part of the tournament, he will shift his focus on the clay season and the Monte Carlo Masters, starting in April. At the same time, if the US government lifts the prevalent ban, then Djokovic, who missed last year’s US Open, will make a comeback to this year’s Flushing Meadows, starting August this year. Also Read: “Like The Anti-Hero Sometimes”- Chris Evert Warns That Novak Djokovic Will Turn More Dangerous After US Ban
Thank you for reading it. Leave us a comment if you liked it.
Do follow us on: Google News | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube | LinkedIn
Have a good day ahead 🙂