Novak Djokovic vs Lorenzo Musetti: Match Preview
Djokovic would be the ultimate attraction of the tournament. After missing the Australian Open 2022 due to a coronavirus vaccine controversy, the world number one returns to the court on Monday. After his tumultuous period, the Serbian is determined to stage his comeback and quiet his naysayers.
His form and level, on the other hand, remain a mystery, given his most recent games were in November of last year at the Davis Cup finals.
Lorenzo Musetti, on the other hand, has already played a lot of matches this year. The Italian stallion lost in the first round of the Australian Open against hometown sensation Alex de Minaur. Afterwards, he went on to bow his head before his defeat in the quarterfinals of the Maharashtra Open. He then advanced to the quarter-finals in Rotterdam, where he upset Hubert Hurkacz, a higher-ranked player. That was a good achievement indeed. Furthermore, currently, the 19-year-old is positioned 57th worldwide and is keen to make a name for himself.
Novak Djokovic vs Lorenzo Musetti: Match details
- Tournament: Dubai Tennis Championships 2022.
- Date: 21 February 2022.
- Venue: Dubai, UAE.
- Surface: Outdoor Hardcourt.
- Round: First Round (Round of 32).
- Category: ATP 500.
- Prize money: $2,794,840.
novak djokovic vs Lorenzo musetti: head-to-head records till date
The first-round match in Dubai is the second time the two players will meet. Last season’s sole head-to-head match between the two sportsmen, staged at Roland Garros, concluded in Djokovic’s emphatic triumph (6-7, 6-7,6-1,6-0,4-0). Musetti disturbed the nerves of his adversary at the French Open. However, due to his ailment, he was compelled to walk over. Despite this, Musetti will still enter as a significant underdog in the forthcoming game.
Read more: 10 unknown facts about novak djokovic
novak djokovic vs Lorenzo musetti: Who will be the ultimate winner?
The match will be breathtaking, with Joker’s footwork as balletic as ever and Musetti’s Poised serves. If Djokovic loses this match, his ranking will be jeopardised, with Daniil Medvedev lurking in the shadows, ready to fill his shoes. As a result, he would give it his all to secure the triumph. Musetti, on the other hand, appeared to give his opponent quite a fright at Roland Garros last year accompanied by his forehand, which is his strongest asset.
However, the Serb’s better experience and overall durability will certainly give him an edge over everything Musetti tosses at him.
Match prediction: Novak Djokovic will win in two sets.
Novak Djokovic’s last three performances
- Davis Cup 2021: Semi final- Djokovic d. Marin Cilic(6-4, 6-2).
- Davis Cup 2021: Quarter final- Djokovic d. Alexander Bublik (6-3,6-4).
- Davis Cup 2021: Round Robin- Djokovic d. Jan Lennard struff (6-2, 6-4).
lorenzo musetti’s last three performances
- Rotterdam Open 2022: Quarterfinals- Jiri Lehecka d. Lorenzo Musetti (6-3,1-6,7-5).
- Rotterdam Open 2022: Round of 16- Lorenzo Musetti d. Hubert Hurkacz (6-3,5-7,6-3).
- Rotterdam Open 2022: Round of 32- Lorenzo Musetti d. Mikael Ymer (6-3,6-7(4),6-3).
Read more: Who is the Tennis G.O.A.T ? Most Grand Slams in History
Novak Djokovic vs Lorenzo Musetti: Broadcasting and Live Streaming Details
However, all of the action will be broadcasted live for spectators in the following countries, on the following networks and websites:
- USA: Viewers in the United States can catch all the action on Tennis Channel.
- UK: Enthusiasts in the United Kingdom can watch the action live on Amazon Prime Video.
- India: Tennis TV will broadcast the tournament live in India.