In the second round of the 2022 Miami Open, Ukraine’s Elina Svitolina will face Heather Watson of the United Kingdom.
Svitolina had a rocky start to the year, with a loss in Adelaide and a 6-0, 6-2 defeat at the Australian Open at the hands of Victoria Azarenka. She then had early exits in Dubai and Doha as well. Afterwards, the Russian Invasion of her homeland took a toll on her mental health. Despite this, she made it to the quarterfinals in Monterrey. This was followed by a poor showing in Indian Wells, where she was eliminated in the first round.
Nonetheless, the Ukrainian will be hoping to make a strong recovery in the Miami Open in 2022.
Currently, ranked 115 Heather Watson has had a rough start to the season. Her win-loss record is 2-4, with losses in Monterrey, Indian Wells, Dubai, and Doha in the early rounds. The Brit, however, began her campaign in Miami by defeating Arantxa Rus. She came back from a set and a break behind to win the match 6-7(5), 7-5, 6-4.
Also read about 5 Youngest Grand Slam Winners In Tennis History
Elina Svitolina vs Heather Watson: Match Details
- Tournament: Miami Open 2022.
- Date: 24th March 2022.
- Venue: Miami, Florida, USA.
- Surface: Outdoor Hardcourt.
- Round: Round of 64.
- Category: WTA 1000.
- Prize money: $8,584,055.
Elina Svitolina vs Heather Watson: Head-To-Head Records Till Date
Elina Svitolina and Heather Watson will be pitted against each other for the fifth time. The head-to-head record is 2-2, with 1-0 on hard.
The last time that they squared off, Svitolina won 6-2 5-7 6-3 in the 1st round in Birmingham back in 2017.
Elina Svitolina vs Heather Watson: Who Will Win The Match ?
Considering her ranking and advantage on the Head-To-Head records, Svitolina will enter the match being the overwhelming favourite.
Both players have suffered terribly this season, and neither has a lot of confidence. But, when it comes to Svitolina, she is a good hard court player, and her return game could be a weapon against Watson, who doesn’t have the best serve.
Our Prediction: Elina Svitolina will win in three sets.
Also read about Top 5 Players With Most ATP Masters 1000 Wins
Elina Svitolina’s Last 3 Performances
- Indian Wells 2022: Round of 64- Harriet Dart d. Svitolina (2-6, 6-3, 6-3).
- Monterrey: Quarterfinals- Camila Osorio d. Svitolina (1-6, 7-5, 7-6(5).
- Monterrey: Round of 16- Svitolina d. Viktoriya Tomova (7-6(3), 3-6, 6-2).
Heather Watson’s Last 3 Performances
- Miami Open 2022: Round of 128- Watson d. Arantxa Rus (6-7(5), 7-5, 6-4).
- Indian Wells: Round of 128- Tereza Martincova d. Watson (6-2, 6-1).
- Indian Wells: Qualifiers 2- Watson d. Mai Hontama (4-6, 6-2, 6-1).
Elina Svitolina vs Heather Watson: Broadcasting And Livestreaming Details
However, all of the action will be broadcasted live for spectators in the following countries, on the following networks and websites:
- USA: Viewers in the United States can catch all the action on Tennis Channel.
- UK: Enthusiasts in the United Kingdom can watch the action live on Amazon Prime Video.