On Monday, October 30th, fans will experience the lone Sports Equinox of the year. The four professional sports league, NHL, MLB, NFL, and NBA is happening on the same day, an event termed as Sports Equinox.
This unique event primarily occurs in October because the NFL season is in full swing, the NHL and NBA seasons are just starting, and the MLB is concluding its championship with the World Series. This year marks the 30th occurrence of the Sports Equinox.
On this particular Monday, the Arizona Diamondbacks will host the Texas Rangers in Game 3 of the World Series. Meanwhile, the NHL and NBA will feature a combined total of 20 games, and the Las Vegas Raiders and Detroit Lions will go head to head on Monday Night Football.
The first-ever Sport Equinox happened on Oct. 17, 1971, with 12 NFL games, three NBA games, six NHL games and one MLB game. There was also a Sports Equinox in 2022. The longest gap without a Sports Equinox was from 1986 to 2001..
National Football League
- Las Vegas Raiders at Detroit Lions, 8:15 p.m. ET
Major League Baseball
- Texas Rangers at Arizona Diamondbacks — Game 3 of the 2023 World Series, 8:03 p.m. ET
National Hockey League
- Florida Panthers at Boston Bruins, 7:00 p.m. ET
- Carolina Hurricanes at Philadelphia Flyers, 7:00 p.m. ET
- Anaheim Ducks at Pittsburgh Penguins, 7:00 p.m. ET
- Seattle Kraken at Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:00 p.m. ET
- Detroit Red Wings at New York Islanders, 7:30 p.m. ET
- New York Rangers at Winnipeg Jets, 7:30 p.m. ET
- Columbus Blue Jackets at Dallas Stars, 8:00 p.m. ET
- Chicago Blackhawks at Arizona Coyotes, 10:00 p.m. ET
- Montreal Canadiens at Vegas Golden Knights, 10:00 p.m. ET
National Basketball Association
- Brooklyn Nets at Charlotte Hornets, 7:00 p.m. ET
- Chicago Bulls at Indiana Pacers, 7:00 p.m. ET
- Boston Celtics at Washington Wizards, 7:00 p.m. ET
- Minnesota Timberwolves at Atlanta Hawks, 7:30 p.m. ET
- Portland Trail Blazers at Toronto Raptors, 7:30 p.m. ET
- Dallas Mavericks at Memphis Grizzlies, 8:00 p.m. ET
- Miami Heat at Milwaukee Bucks, 8:00 p.m. ET
- Golden State Warriors at New Orleans Pelicans, 8:00 p.m. ET
- Detroit Pistons at Oklahoma City Thunder, 8:00 p.m. ET
- Utah Jazz at Denver Nuggets, 9:00 p.m. ET
- Orlando Magic at Los Angeles Lakers, 10:30 p.m. ET