Heralded by the rivalling legacy of NBA, NHL, MLB, and NFL, USA is an abode to franchises and plethora of entertainment. MLS, the soccer league is also growing in successful manner. Cricket has been that one major sport missing from the diversity of American sporting cricket. However, the wait is almost over. Major League Cricket is making way to the States.
Commencing on 13th July, Major League Cricket (MLC) is a six-franchise endeavor. The season will run into the end of the month, each team playing five regular matches. The teams playing in the tournament are
- MI New York, owned by the most successful team in the Indian Premier League Mumbai Indians. The New York edition is their fifth outfit – Mumbai Indians (IPL), MI Capetown (SA20), MI Emirates (ILT20), and Mumbai Indians (WPL).
- Texas Super Kings, owned by Chennai Super Kings is based in Texan. CSK is the second successful team in Indian Premier League. They also owns the SA20 franchise Jo’Burg Super Kings.
- Seattle Orcas, primarily invested by Microsoft’s Satya Nadella and Madrona Ventures MD Soma Somasegar is partnered by GMR Group. In addition to the newest outfit, GMR owns the Delhi Capitals.
- Washington Freedom partnered by the New South Wales Cricket is all about patriotism and America. The NSW Cricket is responsible for two Big Bash League teams, Sydney Sixers and Sydney Thunders.
- San Francisco Unicorns, invested in by Anand Rajaraman and Venky Harinarayan is Bay Area’s newest pro sports team. The team represents the unrivalled history of the Santa Clara region of California.
- Los Angeles Knight Riders, is the third team owned by an Indian Premier League Franchise – Kolkata Knight Riders. The Knight Riders Group also owns the Trinbago Knight Riders.
The MLC takes place in the Grand Prairie Stadium within the Dallas Fort Worth Complex in Texas. The 19-match tournament hopes to transform the cricketing scene in United States. Cricket, often touted world’s second-largest sport is growing in popularity across the States.
Thank you for reading! Please leave a comment below if you liked it!
Do follow us on: Google News | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube | LinkedIn
Have a good day ahead 🙂