The USA finished third in the CONCACAF Third Round of Qualification, winning seven out of the 14 games it played, drawing four, and losing three. This earned them a spot in Qatar 2022.
On November 9, Gregg Berhalter, the manager of the USMNT, announced his final squad, and there were a few shocks.
The squad of USMNT has ever sent to a World Cup is a second-youngest ever in US History (25y, 175d).
The USA has a strong mindset despite the squad’s youth. Tyler Adams of Leeds and Weston McKennie of Juventus playing together in midfield are two examples of the young USMNT’s fearless ability to win the ball back and define a crushing high press. Teenage winger Gio Reyna, who was injured for much of 2021–22, is now playing once again for Borussia Dortmund.
As a member of Group B with England, Wales, and Iran, it will play Wales on November 22.
USMNT Squad, Captain, and Coach
- Goalkeepers: Ethan Horvath, Sean Johnson, Matt Turner
- Defenders. Tim Ream, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Sergino Dest, Aaron Long, Shaq Moore, Antonee Robinson, Joe Scally, DeAndre Yedlin, Walker Zimmerman, Kellyn Acosta, Tyler Adams,
- Midfielders: Kellyn Acosta, Tyler Adams, Weston McKennie, Yunus Musah, Cristian Roldan, Brenden Aaronson, Luca de la Torre
- Forwards: Gio Reyna, Jesus Ferreira, Jordan Morris, Haji Wright, Christian Pulisic, Josh Sargent, Timothy Weah
- Captain: Christian Pulisic
- Coach: Gregg Berhalter
USMNT Star Players
1. Christian pulisic
Christian Pulisic is the sort of man that is extremely self-assured, demonstrates his skill on the field, and doesn’t exhibit any jitters under pressure – which is a beautiful mix.
In a victory over Panama on March 27, 2022, during the United States men’s national team’s 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifying match, Pulisic recorded his first hat-trick in international competition. Penalty kicks were used for his hat trick’s opening two goals.
At 20 years and 189 days old, Christian Pulisic made history on March 26, 2019.
when he became the youngest American player to score 10 goals abroad.
As someone who has done a lot for his national team, there is a high expectation from himthat he will give all he has in this FIFA World Cup and make his country proud.
2. Tyler Adams
He can also play as a fullback or winger on either side of the defense or midfield.
The Gregg Berhalter style is ideal for the pressuring skills of Leeds United Tyler Adams. who has become an enormous force in this club. Adams in particular is a driving force in the middle of the field, forcing errors at the No. 6 spot and establishing possession from the back.
USMNT World Cup 2022 Possible Lineup
- Goalkeepers: Matt Turner
- Defenders: Sergino Dest, Aaron Long, Walker Zimmerman, Antonee Robinson
- Midfielders: Tyler Adams, Weston McKennie, Yunus Musah
- Forward: Gio Reyna, Jesus Ferreira, Christian Pulisic
Thank you for reading it. Leave us a comment if you liked it.
Have a good day ahead