In 2022, Germany will look to redeem itself after finishing last in their group at the 2018 World Cup.
In the Nations League, Germany lost to Hungary, but it is a more competitive team than at Euro 2020. The team feels more balanced under Hansi Flick, age 57, and the team’s renowned viciousness has returned.
Germany has been one of the most consistent national teams in World Cup history, winning the tournament in 2014 and making two semifinal appearances, one runner-up finish, and one exit at the group stage in Russia four years ago.
Although late injuries to star players Timo Werner and Marco Reus have complicated matters, Flick will be confident of repairing the damage of 2018 with a balanced squad that includes an experienced core and some of Europe’s most exciting young players.
Germany Squad, Captain, and Coach
- Goalkeepers: Manuel Never, Kevin Trapp, Marc-Andre ter Stegan
- Defenders: Antonio Rudiger, Matthias Ginter, Thilo Kehrer, Niklas Sule, Armel Bella-Kotchap, Nico Schlotterbeck, Lukas Klostermann, Christian Gunter, David Raum
- Midfielders: Joshua Kimmich, Jamal Musiala, Ilkay Gundogan, Leon Goretzka, Julian Brandit, Jonas Hofmann, Mario Gotze
- Forwards: Kai Havertz, Serge Gnabry, Thomas Muller, Leroy Sane, Karim Adeyemi, Youssoufa Moukoko, Niclas Fulkrug
- Captain: Manuel Never
- Coach: Hans-Dieter Flick
Germany Star Players
1. Thomas Muller
This performer is at his best on the biggest stage, and his profile rivals almost anyone in the industry. With 32 major team accolades for club and country, including two Champions League titles, two Club World Cups, and a record 11 Bundesliga titles, Müller is the football juggernaut’s most decorated player and the seventh-highest scorer in German international history (he’s five goals from third). No one has more assists in a Bundesliga season or career, and he has scored double digits 11 times, exceeding 20 in a single club season four times.
One of the best players in the most prominent match of the sport, Müller, is a legend of Bayern Munich and Germany.
2. Jamal Musiala
More than some may realize, Musiala’s performance will determine whether Germany wins the World Cup. The 19-year-old arrived in Qatar with high expectations.
Musiala perfectly illustrates a “needle player,” as we like to refer to them. A player who moves the ball between several opponents while navigating narrow spaces. He is able to do that unlike many others thanks to his technique, but mainly because of his agility and quick thinking.
He may be exactly what Germany needs in games where they experience extended stretches of possession that result in nothing. Being a potential game-changer for a country like Germany at the age of 19 is undoubtedly a challenging task, but Musiala is equipped to handle it.
Germany World Cup 2022 Possible Lineup
- Goalkeepers: Manuel Never
- Defenders: Antonio Rudiger, Lukas Klostermann, Niklas Sule, David Raum
- Midfielders: Joshua Kimmich, Ilkay Gundogan, Serge Gnabry, Thomas Muller, Jamal Musiala
- Forward: Kai Havertz
Thank you for reading it. Leave us a comment if you liked it.
Have a good day ahead