Denis shapovalov Vs marton fucsovics: Match Preview
Denis Shapovalov, the sixth seed, will encounter Marton Fucsovics in the inaugural round of the Dubai Duty-Free Tennis Championships in 2022.
The Canadian began the season with a bang, winning the ATP Cup for 2022. He weathered the storm known as ‘Alexander Zverev,’ but he faltered in his match against Rafael Nadal at the Australian Open 2022. Shapovlaov has also only won one match since returning from Australia. His inconsistency is a strong barrier in his path. Therefore, something immediately requires changing for the Canadian, or his ambitions of climbing to the top ten of the global ranking will go in vain.
However, Fucsovics, unlike his opponent, had an unfortunate performance in Australia. The Hungarian advanced to the second round of the Australian Open prior to actually succumbing in five sets against Dusan Lajovic in his first match. This winter, Fucsovics is putting up a lacklustre performance. Although, It’s worth noting that he started to display signs of recovery in February. The Hungarian looked great in Rotterdam and Doha, and it’s feasible that he’ll keep adding in the Dubai Championship. Even if he fails to claim the title, he can put up a decent fight against his adversaries.
Denis shapovalov Vs marton fucsovics: Match Details
- Tournament: Dubai Tennis Championships 2022.
- Date: 22 February 2022.
- Venue: Dubai, UAE.
- Surface: Outdoor Hardcourt.
- Round: First Round (Round of 32).
- Category: ATP 500.
- Prize money: $2,794,840.
Denis shapovalov Vs marton fucsovics: Head-To-Head Records Till Date
The two players will battle for the second time in the first round in Dubai. Marton Fucsovics has a 1-0 advantage in the head-to-head battle. Their first meeting was two years ago at the Australian major. In the first round of the 2020 Australian Open, the Hungarian defeated Shapovalov in four sets.
Read more: Dubai Tennis Championships: Aslan Karatsev Vs Mackenzie McDonald Match Prediction, Head-To-Head, Preview And Livestream
Denis shapovalov Vs marton fucsovics: Who Will Be The Ultimate Winner?
Shapovalov will undoubtedly begin the match as the mass favourite, but his recent form suggests otherwise. Despite this, the Canadian would do his utmost to make up for his failures in previous key events. There is no preventing him in the battle if he utilizes his abilities correctly.
On the other hand, Fucsovics is the type of player that may pose difficulties for the Canadian. Despite his lacklustre service, he is usually dependable and does not get cracked much. We anticipate him to defeat the skilled rival in at least one game. Furthermore, Shapovalov’s aggressive style of play has a good possibility of knocking Fucsovis out. Given the Canadian’s outstanding performance against Rafael Nadal, it will be difficult to stop him if he maintains his command on the contest fast.
Prediction: Shapovalov to win in three sets.
Denis shapovalov’s last Three Performances
- ATP Qatar Open 2022: Quarterfinals- Arthur Rinderknech d. Denis Shapovalov (6-4, 6-4).
- ATP Qatar Open 2022: Round of 16- Denis shapovalov d. Alex Molcan (6-4, 6-0).
- Rotterdam Open 2022: round of 32- Jiri Lehecka d. Denis shapovalov (6-4, 6-4).
marton fucsovics’ last Three Performances
- ATP Qatar Open 2022: Quarterfinals- Nikoloz Basilashvili d. Martin Fucsovics (1-6, 6-3, 7-5).
- ATP Qatar Open 2022: Round of 16- Martin Fucsovics d. Soon Woo Kwon (6-3, 6-7(5), 6-3).
- ATP Qatar Open 2022: Round of 32- Martin Fucsovics d. Llyod Harris (6-4, 7-6(4) ).
Denis shapovalov Vs marton fucsovics: Broadcasting And Live Streaming Details
However, all of the action will be broadcasted live for spectators in the following countries, on the following networks and websites:
- USA: Viewers in the United States can catch all the action on Tennis Channel.
- UK: Enthusiasts in the United Kingdom can watch the action live on Amazon Prime Video.
- India: Tennis TV will broadcast the tournament live in India.
- Europe: European viewers can also enjoy the match live on SkySports.