Indian Cricket Team defeated Sri Lanka to win their eighth Asia Cup title. This was their ninth meetup in an Asia Cup final, and this one will be remembered for a long time. The reason is that India bowled out Sri Lanka for just 50 runs, and for your information, it was a 50-over game.
With less than a month away from the ICC ODI World Cup 2023, Asian teams know all their strengths and weaknesses. Well, as of now, the Indian cricket team has checked all the boxes before the World Cup in India.
In case you missed: Virat Kohli broke 3 Major Records with his 77th International Century
India vs Sri Lanka Highlights
Sri Lanka won the toss and decided to bat first. Both teams wanted to bat first as it was a dry pitch and the ball was likely to turn as the game progressed. But no one knew that all the wickets that the Indian cricket team would be taking were going to be taken by the pacers.
The match began with a wicket by Jasprit Bumrah in the very first over. Then it was Mohammed Siraj who shoulder-tackled the entire Sri Lankan team by taking four wickets in an over. Yes, four wickets. The Sri Lankan batting looked helpless, and all the hopes were on the main batter in the tournament, Kusal Mendis.
But it was the day of Siraj, and he bowled him out. Slowly and over after over, they kept losing their wickets, and, in the 16th over of the game, Sri Lanka was all-out for just 50 runs.
- Siraj: 6/21
- Pandya: 3/3
- Bumrah: 1/23
India had a target of just 51 runs to chase. Shubman Gill and Ishan Kishan stepped out with the bat and started hampering the ball from the very first over. Boundaries were scored in every over they played. Finally, in just 37 balls, India chased a total of 51 runs.
Also Read: Lowest ODI Score in cricket
India’s Journey at the Asia Cup
- India vs Pakistan: No result.
- India vs Nepal: India won by 10 wickets.
- India vs Pakistan: India won by 228 runs.
- India vs Sri Lanka: India won by 41 runs.
- India vs Bangladesh: Bangladesh won by 6 runs.
- India vs Sri Lanka: India won by 10 wickets.
Sri Lanka’s Journey at the Asia Cup
- Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh: Sri Lanka won by 5 wickets.
- Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan: Sri Lanka won by 2 runs.
- Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh: Sri Lanka won by 21 runs.
- Sri Lanka vs India: India won by 41 runs.
- Sri Lanka vs Pakistan: Sri Lanka won by 2 wickets.
- Sri Lanka vs India: Sri Lanka lost by 10 wickets.