Iga Swiatek vs Cristina Bucsa: World number one Iga Swiatek will face Spain’s Cristina Bucsa, ranked 67th, on Sunday (May 28) in the first round of the 2023 French Open in Paris.
The 21-year-old has reached four finals this year, lifting two trophies, in Doha and Stuttgart. But her matches en route to the French Open did not end in her favor, as she lost two WTA 1000 finals to Barbora Krejcikova and Aryna Sabalenka. The three-time Grand Slam champion even picked up a thigh injury during her quarterfinal match against Elena Rybakina at the 2023 Italian Open.
Meanwhile, Bucsa will be entering the contest on the back of a four-match losing streak, after her first-round exits at Madrid, Rome, and Strasbourg. Her notable achievement this year was at the 2023 Australian Open where she reached the third round but couldn’t get past Swiatek to reach the next stage. She has won the doubles titles in Lyon and also won a round in Indian Wells and Stuttgart. Also Read: Breaking: Andy Murray Withdraws From French Open 2023
Iga Swiatek vs Cristina Bucsa Head-to-Head record
Swiatek leads 1-0 in their head-to-head clash, having outclassed the Spaniard 6-0, 6-1 in the third round of the Australian Open 2023.
Iga Swiatek vs Cristina Bucsa prediction
Predicting the winner is quite easy here. The Pole is a dominant force on red dirt, having won the French Open twice. At the same time, it will be a perfect chance for her to emerge victorious without much trouble
while testing her fitness, as she picked up an injury during the Italian Open.
Prediction: Swiatek in straight sets.
Iga Swiatek’s last three matches
- Italian Open 2023: Quarter-final- Elena Rybakina beat Swiatek 2-6, 7-6 (7-3), 2-2 (Walkover).
- Italian Open 2023: Round of 16- Swiatek beat Donna Vekic 6-3, 6-4.
- Italian Open 2023: Round of 32- Swiatek beat Lesia Tsurenko 6-2, 6-0.
Cristina Bucsa’s last three matches
- Internationauz de Strasbourg 2023- Round of 31- Magda Linette beat Bucsa 4-6, 6-2, 6-2.
- Italian Open 2023: Round of 128- Sofia Kenin beat Bucsa 6-3, 6-7 (8-10), 7-5.
- Madrid Open 2023: Round of 128- Rebeka Masarova beat Bucsa 6-3, 5-7, 6-4.
Broadcast and Live Stream Details
- US – Tennis Channel
- UK – Tennis TV (live streaming)
- Australia – beIN Sports
- Canada – TSN
Thank you for reading it. Leave us a comment if you liked it.
Have a good day ahead 🙂