The battle of the best has begun at the WTA Finals in Cancun, and we are just one game away from the finals. Iga Swiatek, Aryna Sabalenka, Jessica Pegula, and Coco Gauff have earned their spots in the semi-finals. Today, Aryna Sabalenka will take on Iga Swiatek to seal her place in the finals. So let’s take a look at the Aryna Sabalenka vs Iga Swiatek prediction, along with other stats and records.
Aryna Sabalenka is the new No. 1 WTA-ranked singles player and is performing like one. She defeated Maria Sakkari and Elena Rybakina to find her place in the semi-finals. On the other hand, Iga Swiatek defeated Marketa Vondrousova, Coco Gauff, and Ons Jabeur. If you remember well, Swiatek was the No. 1-ranked player before Sabalenka dethroned her from the position.
This is one of the best rivalries in WTA and also the most anticipated one. Will Sabalenka defeat Swiatek and qualify for yet another WTA final? Or will Swiatek continue her unbeaten streak in the 2023 WTA finals and qualify for her first-ever WTA final? You guys don’t need to worry because a cracking contest is set to happen at the Estadio Paradius stadium.
- Match: Aryna Sabalenka vs Iga Swiatek
- Tournament Tier: WTA Championship
- Round: Semi-final
- Time: 6:15 p.m. (local time)
- Venue: Estadio Paradisus, Cancun
When it comes to their head-to-head record, Iga Swiatek leads with a 6-3 score against Aryna Sabalenka. Both players have met each other on nine occasions, and Swiatek leads the battle. Well, two out of the three wins by Sabalenka against Swiatek have come at the WTA Finals. This is going to be their third encounter in the WTA finals, and Swiatek will be eying for her last year’s WTA semi-finals loss revenge.
Both players have met nine times in their careers since turning professional. Here are the stats:
- Aryna Sabalenka defeated Iga Swiatek in the 2023 WTA Madrid Finals 6-3, 6-4.
- Iga Swiatek defeated Aryna Sabalenka in the 2022 WTA Stuttgart Finals 6-3, 6-4.
- Iga Swiatek defeated Aryna Sabalenka in the 2022 World Tennis League 6-1, 6-3.
- Aryna Sabalenka defeated Iga Swiatek in the 2022 WTA Finals Semifinal 6-2, 2-6, 6-1.
- Iga Swiatek defeated Aryna Sabalenka in the 2022 WTA US Open Semifinals 3-6, 6-1, 6-4.
- Iga Swiatek defeated Aryna Sabalenka in the 2022 WTA Rome Semi-finals 6-2, 6-1.
- Iga Swiatek defeated Aryna Sabalenka in the 2022 WTA Stuttgart Finals 6-2, 6-2.
- Iga Swiatek defeated Aryna Sabalenka in the 2022 WTA Doha Quarterfinals 6-2, 6-3.
- Aryna Sabalenka defeated Iga Swiatek in the 2021 WTA Finals 2-6, 6-2, 7-5.
Aryna Sabalenka vs Iga Swiatek Prediction: Who will win?
We predict Iga Swiatek will defeat Aryna Sabalenka to qualify for her first-ever WTA Finals. Both players are in great form and have an amazing record when it comes to hard courts. But this time Swiatek will take her revenge against Sabalenka and maybe win the 2023 WTA Finals.