The 24 Hours Le Mans is one of the most prestigious races in the world and is also considered to be one of the toughest races. The reason is that it is a 24-hour race and tests the endurance of every racing driver on the team. Well, every racer around the world dreams of competing in the Le Mans, and it is also a part of the triple crown of Motorsports.
If we look at the current F1 grid, the Spanish racing driver Fernando Alonso has participated in the 24 hours Le Mans on several occasions and has won it. He has not won it once but twice, in 2018 and 2019.
Well, the current F1 champion has his say on Le Mans and is eager to compete in the race. Here is what he said:
“24 hours, Le Mans, I would definitely like to do.”
Here is the full statement: “Le Mans, I would definitely like to do. I have been speaking to Fernando Alonso about it. He said he would only want to do it with me again. So, I was like, wow, that would be really cool.”
This means Max Verstappen and Fernando Alonso will race together in the upcoming 24 hours at Le Mans. Who should be their third driver if they take part in Le Mans? Should they go with a complete F1 grid, with Lewis Hamilton or old teammates of Alonso who won the championship together? Do let us know in the comment sections. Till then, let us look at the past Le Mans winners.
Past 7 Le Mans winners
- 2023: James Calado, Antonio Giovinazzi, and Alessandro Pier Guidi
- 2022: Sebastian Buemi, Brendon Hartley, and Ryo Hirakawa
- 2021: Mike Conway, Kamui Kobayashi, and Jose Maria Lopez
- 2020: Sebastian Buemi, Brendon Hartley, and Kazuki Nakajima
- 2019: Fernando Alonso, Sebastian Buemi, and Kazuki Nakajima
- 2018: Fernando Alonso, Sebastian Buemi, and Kazuki Nakajima
- 2017: Earl Bernhard, Timo Bernhard, and Brendon Hartley